To: All Baseball Parents
From: Joe Meglio, Owner of GameChanger Gym
Re: Elite Baseball Training Program
Let’s face facts. Bringing up a baseball player in today’s game is difficult. It can be confusing and frustrating. You get hit with so many different opportunities from teams to play for, programs to do, instruction to take and showcases to attend. All of this can be confusing for the average parent. I know because not only am I the owner of GameChanger Gym, but I’m also a former college baseball player and I’ve come up through this same system, so I know how challenging and frustrating it was for my parents.
But what we try to do at GameChanger Gym is try to take aim at that confusion and frustration and knock it out. I’m sure you have wondered how can your son throw harder, increase his hitting power and gain the respect and recognition from his coaches that he deserves, without wasting precious time or money.
Before we go further, let me introduce myself. My name is Joe Meglio and I am a former college baseball player and now a full-time strength & conditioning coach in Mountainside, New Jersey. You may have seen some of my work in STACK Magazine, ESPN Page 2, Paul Reddick Baseball, OneResult.com & EliteFTS.com.
The baseball players that train with me often join because they are frustrated and realize that they are not maximizing their true baseball potential.
Have you ever wondered…
- Why am I not throwing harder? I play baseball year round and go to my pitching coach weekly but still cannot add a few mph to my fastball.
- Why am I the smallest guy on my team? I workout on my own or with my friends at the gym but I still the smallest guy on the team.
- How did I loose my starting position on the team? I thought I was working hard enough but I lost my spot to another guy and I’m not sure what to do.
- Why did I get cut from the school team? I worked my butt off but I still couldn’t make the school team. I don’t understand what I did wrong.
- Why am I not hitting the ball with more authority? I practice hitting everyday off the tee and with soft toss, I don’t understand why my power is not increasing.
- Why am I not getting any quicker or faster? I signed up for a “speed class” but I still can’t seam to get any faster. Maybe you can’t teach speed.
So I’m sure the questions above sound familiar don’t they?
Players today face the same challenges I faced coming up as a baseball player and trying to compete in the game. You see, growing up I’ve made just about every mistake in the book and I’ve spent more money making those mistakes so my baseball players don’t have to. I grew sick of trying all the new fads and gadgets with nothing to show for it but wasting my parents hard earned money.
But because of those mistakes, I decided to create a program that would finally make it easy for parents to get their kids exactly what they need.
After 5 years of training 100s of baseball players and quite a bit of trial and error – I’ve created the solution and I call it the:
GameChanger Elite Baseball Training Program
I’ve put this program together for you that includes a proven, battle tested, training system that will help your son increase his hitting power, while maximizing his throwing velocity and have him playing at his best so he can finally gain the respect and recognition from his coaches that he deserves…Guaranteed.
We guarantee this program because we know it works and it’s not just theory. Like I said, this is a proven and tested program so we have taken all the guesswork out of it and we are so confident in our program and that’s why we can guarantee it.
But don’t take my word it, check out what the parents of the GameChanger Elite Baseball Training Program had to say:
“His passion for his sport has grown as a result of this training…”
“The results have been unbelievable since he started. Brian has gained 23lbs to date! His strength behind his bat has improved tremendously & his passion for his sport has grown as a result of this training!” – Ann Henn
“…After trying every fitness, speed, & exercise program around- we have finally found SUCCESS!!…”
“I can’t say enough good things about Joe Meglio and his program. GameChanger has truly been a life changer for my son. After trying every fitness, speed, & exercise program around- we have finally found SUCCESS!! The way Joe & his staff motivates these kids is magical! It’s the best money we ever spent!”
“As a parent, who has a son that sets high standards for himself, I wanted to find him the best in class program around & GameChanger has been the perfect fit…”
“As a parent, who has a son that sets high standards for himself, I wanted to find him the best in class program around & GameChanger has been the perfect fit. GameChanger provides a great environment that is results focused & fosters camaraderie with their athletes while continuing to push & challenge them further than they think they can go.”
“…He became more confident because he knows that he can hit the ball harder and faster than other kids…”
My son Tyler, who is almost 15, started training with GameChanger Strength & Performance in December of 2012. Tyler needed to adjust to big field when he turned to 13 and Joe was just the person who could provide training to be stronger, faster, more agile: all of which is essential to be a better baseball player. Tyler’s batting coach, Bryan, referred him to Joe and he gave us expert advice and training catered to specifically to game of baseball.
We could not be happier now that we witness a huge difference in Tyler in the field physically and mentally as well. He became more confident because he knows that he can hit the ball harder and faster than other kids.
One more positive change that we noticed is how Tyler has much more stamina so when he has to put in more time for homework, he doesn’t get tired and inattentive that easily. I think this kind of training and discipline will carry him through all through out his high school years and then more. Thank you Joe.
“…I’ve always heard you cannot teach speed but Ryan has certainly become faster, quicker and more explosive, dropping 1 second off his 60 yard dash and throwing the ball harder then ever before…”
Hi, Joe. I would like to thank you for the work you have done with my son, Ryan, for the past 3 months. It seemed like just yesterday we started but it’s amazing how far Ryan has come in just 3 short months. He has seen tremendous improvements in the in his arm strength, hitting power and speed and agility.
I am especially happy that Ryan has been able to become much more explosive and quicker being that he was on the thicker side when we started. I’ve always herd you cannot teach speed but Ryan has certainly become faster, quicker and more explosive. This is evident in their outdoor practices now where his fielding range has increased a great deal in running down fly balls and bloopers in shallow outfield.
I thing the biggest benefit Ryan has seen is in his arm strength. Whenever he throws the ball he it seams to fly out of his hands. He can now throw harder from 1st to 3B with a lot of pop. His accuracy was always there, but now is the arm strength to go along with it.
Ryan has always been a good hitter, but now that he is much stronger then before, his confidence and attitude has greatly improved and he is much more aggressive at the plate. The new confidence Ryan has through training with Joe has improved his conduct and mannerisms and we are extremely proud of who he is becoming.
What I truly liked about Joe’s program is the flexibility and accommodations he makes to the athletes. Though we have tight schedules, Joe has been very helpful in working around our schedule. This is an intangible part of training, which in my opinion have direct impact on the results. We look forward to future development of Ryan as he prepares for High School Ball in a year!!!
“…Jenny & Robert are two completely different athletes with different needs. The program was customized to meet their individual goals. The program is called “GameChanger” for a reason…”
Jenny and Robert joined GameChanger at the end of June to become better athletes by the 2014 spring softball/baseball seasons. They have both benefitted in many different ways.
Jenny enjoyed a very successful summer softball season; she wanted to increase her strength and the program has done just that. During the summer, singles started becoming doubles and triples. By the end of the summer season, people were starting comment, “ how does she generate that kind of power based on her slender build”? It was a combination of this program and working hard on her hitting.
Not only has the program helped Jenny in softball but the program has actually helped make her a better and more consistent runner. The program has assisted in her strength and recovery time when competing in track meets. Jenny just finished 10th in the County Finals!
Robert joined Gamechanger at the same time but his goal was to get in better shape. He knew to compete at the high school level he needed to improve his speed, agility and strength. In short, the program has made him a better athlete through strength training and the value of better nutrition. It also motivated him to work out on his own. Robert felt his primary position would be 3B in high school. But throughout the summer and fall seasons, Robert has played and is confident that he can play any position. This gives him a competitive edge going into the 2014 high school season.
Jenny & Robert are two completely different athletes with different needs. The program was customized to meet their individual goals. The program is called “GameChanger” for a reason. So far, it has worked for both of them. If they keep it up, they will have a very successful high school season.
“…He hit close to .400 with 7 doubles, 3 triples and 21 rbis making this his best season of high school and was named team MVP award for his senior year……”
We first heard of Joe Meglio from a close friend and coach, Bryan Henton, who highly recommended him. We are really happy he did. My son Matt has been working with Joe for a little over 3 months and the results are unbelievable. Matt has gotten much stronger and more explosive in almost every aspect of his game. His hitting has improved greatly, he hits the ball much harder and farther, and his running has as well, he gets down the line much faster and quicker and seems to be stealing bases with ease.
During Matt’s high school season, all the work he had put in with Joe Meglio and Bryan Henton showed greatly. He hit close to .400 with 7 doubles, 3 triples and 21 rbis making this his best season of high school. In addition we are very proud that he received the MVP award for his senior year.
Because of Joe my son has put on a good amount of muscle, Matt started off weighing close to 150 pounds, but in about 3 months he has been able to put on an incredible 13 pounds while still in season. Another important change that my wife and I have seen is how much more confident Matt become. We are truly happy that Joe has been able to work with our son and just make him a better athlete. Thank you Joe Meglio. – Joe Marques from Union, New Jersey
“…Alex first joined this gym because he was struggling with his confidence while playing ball. But while training at this gym, Alex didn’t just gain strength, he gained self confidence…”
The GameChanger Gym and training with Jo and his staff has given Alex great results physically and mentally. Alex first joined this gym because he was struggling with his confidence while playing ball. But while training at this gym, Alex didn’t just gain strength, he gained self confidence. The constant training has taught him that hard work will beat talent. Alex learned that if he works hard, there will be a difference on the field. The Gamechanger gym with Joe is different than any other program Alex has tried. Joe is a great role model; with his positive energy and inspiring thoughts. Joe once told Alex, “Hard work beats talent, when talent doesn’t work hard.” - SooJung from Bridgewater, New Jersey.
“…The key difference between GameChanger and other “gyms” is that GameChanger is geared toward baseball with the involvement of likeminded baseball players…”
Since joining GameChanger, Kobi has been able to elevate his game to a new level in a relatively short period of time. He has become much stronger which has boosted his performance at the plate. The other aspect is more intangibleand that is that Kobi has gained more confidence as a result of following a set routine with GameChanger. He is much more comfortable with his ability on the field, which has helped his team on a number of occasions win games. GameChanger is a good environment for anyone that is serious about baseball. The key difference between GameChanger and other “gyms” is that GameChanger is geared toward baseball with the involvement of likeminded baseball players. I would encourage any player to give GameChanger a try!!! – Greg Wolf from Westfield, NJ
“…Mike is currently playing up a year, and his training with GameChanger has helped greatly with being able to keep up and perform well with the older kids…”
In the short time Mike as been with GameChanger, he has seen a noticeable increase in his strength, speed and quickness. GameChanger has been different than other programs because their baseball specific workouts have done a much better job preparing Mike with the skills necessary to be successful on the diamond. Mike is currently playing up a year, and his training with GameChanger has helped greatly with being able to keep up and perform well with the older kids. The training Joe and his staff provides at GameChanger is a great tool for any serious baseball player. – Richard Baylor from Fanwood, NJ
“…The results have been amazing. Remy is stronger, leaner, faster but most of all his confidence is at an all-time high…..”
My son Remy first started training with Joe in late January of 2012 for 8 weeks leading up to the high school season. Remy loved it so much that we began again in October 2012 and haven’t stopped training yet.
The results have been amazing. Remy is stronger, leaner, faster but most of all his confidence is at an all-time high. Joe has help build an inner belief of self-confidence that I have never seen in my son.
What I love most of all is that Joe is not only training Remy on a physical level for baseball but on a mental level as well.
I believe that I also benefit from Joe because he’s shown us all that if you focus on your goals they all can be reached as long as you put in the hard work. Also Remy’s teammates benefit because they see the results in his performance and now they want to be on the same level.
We travel all the way from Brooklyn, New York to train with Joe in New Jersey because the training and results are that amazing. Everyday that Remy finishes a training session he has a big smile on his face. That smile comes from all the positive that Joe instills in his workouts. I thank Joe because he not only is helping Remy now but for his whole life ahead. – Ruben Vazquez
“…Signing my son up at GameChanger Gym has turned out to be one of the best decisions I have ever made. Anthony’s fastball was clocked at 63mph. After only three short months of working with Joe his fastball was recently clocked at 70mph…”
My son Anthony has been going to GameChanger two times a week for the last three months. During this short period of time I have noticed a tremendous difference in him. Not only has he gotten stronger but he now has more self confidence and has matured greatly. Anthony is always excited to go GameChanger and usually talks about it all week. This is why recently I have signed Anthony up to start going three times a week. Signing my son up at GameChanger Gym has turned out to be one of the best decisions I have ever made.
During a summer baseball camp Anthony’s fastball was clocked at 63mph. After only three short months of working with Joe and his staff, his fastball was recently clocked at 70mph. I am anxious to see what his results will be next spring after working with Joe all winter. I would definitely recommend Joe’s program to any parent who was thinking of sending their child to him. Joe has a real connection with all his athletes and will not only make them better athletes but better people too. Thanks for everything. Sam Santucci from Springfield, NJ
“…During his time there we have seen a great change in Jeremy’s commitment level. Since training at GameChanger, Jeremy now looks forward to working out each week, and also his eating habits have become much better…”
Our son Jeremy started training at GameChanger in June and during his time there we have seen a great change in Jeremy’s commitment level. Since training at GameChanger, Jeremy now looks forward to working out each week, and also his eating habits have become much better.
Since training at GameChanger, Jeremy has hit several home runs and was also the catcher on Cranford’s 11U State Champion team. Much of his success on the baseball field can be attributed to his training at GameChanger. – Jim Ruka from Cranford, NJ
“…As a freshman in high school he is playing on the varsity team!….”
My son Jeremy was 13 when he started training with Joe. When Jeremy first started training with Joe, he was very skinny, but over the past 18 months, he has managed to put on 50lbs of lean muscle and his performance on the baseball field has been better then ever before. As a freshman in high school he is playing on the varsity team!
We knew this was the right decision after 1 week of training because every week his body has been changing. While I thought Jeremy was going to get results training with Joe, I had no idea it would be so fast and so incredible.
What I love the most about the training is that it keeps Jeremy busy and healthy. The biggest difference I seen in Jeremy is that he has gained a lot of muscle and he is in the best baseball shape he could be in. It if wasn’t for the motivation and confidence Joe gives him, these results would not be possible.
I would recommend Joe’s program to parents who want the best possible training for their son. Don’t think about it twice because you will see results right away and be fascinated with them. – Dennis Torres
When You Join The GameChanger Elite Baseball Training Program, You Will Rapidly Improve Your…
- Baseball Strength – This is your foundation and engine of your hitting power and pitching velocity. By building the foundation of your baseball strength, you’ll always be playing at your strongest and best so there’s never dips, or slumps or dead arm issues. Without this, you’ll never reach your true baseball potential.
- Functional baseball muscle – Big bulky muscle will slow you down. You will build long, lean, flexible, strong muscle that is ready to react in 10ths of a second. That’s how fast the game of baseball moves. As you move up levels, the game moves faster and big bulky muscle will severely affect your ability to play.
- Power & explosiveness – By gaining power and explosiveness, you’ll throw harder and hit the ball with more authority. You’ll feel like the ball is exploding and flying out of your hand. You’ll notice the difference in the first few steps when running the bases or going to field the ball. When you have more power and explosiveness, you’ll see the ball come off the bat harder. Ground balls that are normally fielded, find there way through to the outfield. Bloop hits become line drives, line drives turn into doubles in the gap, doubles in the gap turn into triples off the wall and triples off the wall become home runs.
- Speed & Quickness – You cannot discount speed in the game of speed in the game of baseball. If you do, you’re ignoring a major part of the game. You don’t have to be Mike Trout around the bases but you have to be able to run as fast as you possibly can. There’s nothing worse then an offensive player who does what we call “clogs the bases”. They get on the base and the guy hitting can’t advance them because the guy batting is faster then the guy running.
- Core strength – Many players understand that the core is important but they don’t understand how to build a strong core. If you’re doing exercises like sit-ups, side bends and crunches you’re not building the core strength needed to improve your baseball game. You see, the role of the core in baseball is to effectively transfer power generated from your lower body to your upper body and project it onto the baseball while protecting the spine. In order to build a strong core, you need to focus on rotatory stability. If you don’t focus on this, all the power your legs generated won’t properly move up the kinetic chain – this means you’ll loose MPH on your fastball and loose power while hitting.
- Athleticism – Have you ever seen an instructor tell his player to make a mechanical change in his swing or windup over and over again to no avail? This isn’t because the ball player isn’t listening, it’s because he physically can’t get into the proper position because he lacks mobility, stability or both. This is where athleticism comes in – the more athletic you are, the easier it will be for you to take mechanical adjustments in your swing and throwing motion.
- Mental Toughness & Self Confidence – Baseball is a game about failure. If you fail 70% of the time, you’ll make it to the Hall Of Fame. In order to deal with failure, you need mental toughness and confidence in your ability to succeed. Building mental toughness and self-confidence starts in the gym with your workouts. If you aren’t pushing yourself to demand more form yourself then you won’t improve how you handle adversity. If you want the ultimate edge and dominate your opponent on the baseball diamond, you need to transform your mind and confidence.
- Reduce your risk of injury – Let’s face it, injuries are at an all time high in baseball. According to the Andrews Institute “elbow and shoulder injuries in children are on the verge of becoming an epidemic”. Proper arm care and proper warm-ups are necessary to reducing your risk of injury. This is something we take very seriously at GameChanger Gym because we understand if you’re injured you cannot play the sport you love.
Here’s What You’re Getting When You Join…
- A Complete 1 Hour Assessment – This is important because this will lay the foundation for everything going forward. Whether you’re with GameChanger for one offseason or the rest of your career, you will never be guessing about what you’re child needs throughout his career to stay strong, healthy, flexible and perform at his best.
- Baseball Specific Workouts -Workouts specifically designed to help your son throw harder, and hit the ball with more authority while also increasing his 60-yard dash and fielding range
- Daily check-ins -My coaching staff and myself are in this Facebook support group daily to make sure our kids stay on track. Imagine if the teachers at your kid’s school did this on a daily basis. Their grades would improve, wouldn’t they?
- Nutrition coaching – If we turn your body into a Ferrari, we cannot put unleaded gas in the Ferrari. We have to fuel it with the best. This will set the foundation for your child’s health for a lifetime – not just for their baseball career. Let’s face it, there’s a problem in this country with obesity, the way that we eat and the foods that we eat. We’re going be realistic but we’re going try to make the improvements we can to perform at his best and manage weight. Not only to ensure your son is maximizing his performance on the baseball field.
- Small Group Training – All our sessions include expert coaching in small groups with like minded baseball players so your son gets maximum attention while training in a competitive and fun environment. Our classes are not big group training sessions. Every players program is tweaked, altered and adapted to meet each of our ball players needs. So you’ll never see more 6 kids per coach in any class and most of the time we have an assistant coach to help us so our coach to player ratio is incredibly low.
How Your Membership Works
We offer 3 or 6 month memberships. 90 days is usually what’s it’s going to take for us to make a significant impact on your child. Anybody that is saying they can less then 90 days, quite honestly they are just robbing you. We need 90 days to lay a proper foundation of lower body & core strength, mobility & flexibility while also addressing speed & agility.
Our memberships start at $199 per month and will be based off how long you commit to the program for and many days a week you train.
Our athletes typically train 2-4 days per week. And over 95% of our athletes train at GameChanger Gym year round, however the frequency of the training may vary. For example, most athletes train 2-3 days a week in the off-season, while only training 1-2 days a week during the season (in season training is as important as off-season training. Players typically will work hard all off season to build strength but if they don’t maintain that strength during the season they loose it little by little as the season goes it but with just 1-2 maintain sessions a week during the season will maintain strength.)
Getting started is very easy. You can click this link below and schedule your 100% risk free assessment. And Remember we’ll go over everything you need for everything going forward. and there’s no strings attached, no obligation and no hard sales pitch or nothing silly like that. That’s what the other guys do. We don’t do that here.
Frequently Asked Questions:
When Are Classes?
We conveniently offer classes 6 days a week.
Monday & Wednesday: 3:30, 5:30. 6:30
Tuesday,Thursday, Friday: 3:30 & 5:30
*We will be adding 7:30 and 8:30 options starting March 10th
How Long Are the Workouts?
While there is no time limit, workouts typically last about 45 minutes – 60 minutes. The workout includes a combination of soft tissue work, a dynamic warm-up, speed & power training, strength training and conditioning. The workouts will be catered to exactly what your son needs in order to become a better baseball player.
Where Is The Gym Located?
Our facility is located inside of D-Bat in Mountainside, New Jersey.
What should I bring to my workout?
Show up ready to train – shorts or athletic pants along with a t shirt. We recommend all our athletes bring a bottle of water and towel also.
What if I never worked out before?
Don’t worry! Regardless of your training experience it is our job to build you up.Getting you into great shape is our job, so even if it’s been a long time since you trained or if you are new to training, the responsibly is on us to make sure we get you to where you want to be.
I was told I should lift weight because I will get “too tight” and “muscle bound. Is this true?
The truth is, if you are training properly and using proper technique you will not get “too tight’ and “muscle bound”. In fact, if you’re lifting properly, your performance on the ball field will actually improve! This is why it’s critical to have strength and conditioning coaches that are experts and have a proven track record to get their baseball players amazing results.
Does your program also include nutrition coaching?
Yes! Nutrition coaching is included with all of our memberships. We realize that in order to get you to where you want to be, training is only a part of the equation. We plan on giving you everything you need to succeed, including nutrition coaching.
How Long does it take to see results?
Parents often tell us they see results in their sons within the first two weeks. While your son will see some quick results, it’s important to realize that this is a long term process and in order to reach his maximum potential, he needs to commit to training.
Getting started is very easy. You can click this link below and schedule your 100% risk free assessment. And Remember we’ll going go over everything need and there’s no strings attached, no obligation and no hard sales pitch or nothing silly like that. That’s what the other guys do. We don’t do that here.